If you missed tryouts and evaluations, and would like to join the team, please contact us at email@example.com. There are a few spots left on our rosters - we are happy to work with you!
If you are unsure about competing in leagues and tournaments, we have a 'practice only' option for you. Contact us to find out more!
We are looking to add a couple of goalies to our team! If you are a U10 or U12 Goalie, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
AmazonSmile is a simple way for you to support your favorite field hockey club every time you shop, at no cost to you. AmazonSmile is available at smile.amazon.com on your web browser. AmazonSmile will donate 0.5% of your eligible purchases to our club.
Your Amazon.com and AmazonSmile are the same. Your shopping cart, Wish List, wedding or baby registry, and other account settings are also the same.
On your first visit to smile.amazon.com, you will be asked to select a charitable organization to receive donations from eligible purchases before you begin shopping. Search for Storm Chasers Field Hockey, Glen Burnie, MD. Amazon will remember your selection, and then every eligible purchase you make through AmazonSmile will result in a donation.
Anyone is able to select Storm Chasers FHC as their charitable organization, so be sure to share with friends and family.
If you missed your chance to by Team Gear and/or uniforms, please contact us at email@example.com
All USA Field Hockey members get discounts at various organizations listed on their website. In particular, Longstreth!
Code USAMEMBER is 15% off and free shipping.
Link to additional discounts: https://webpoint.usfieldhockey.com/wp15/Companies/ClientSponsors.wp
Coaches play a very important role in not only teaching the game, but also in building discipline, self-esteem, confidence and passion for a sport. Coaches can be some of the most important and influential role models in kids’ lives. Coaches teach the value of teamwork, discipline and sacrifice.
If you are interested in coaching, please send a resume & cover letter to Storm@StormChasersFHC.com
WORK HOURS AND EXPECTATIONS:
According to planned sports seasons, clinics, and other programs, hours and location of job performance will vary. Coaching responsibilities will be performed on planned weekdays and planned weekends. All coaches are considered independent contractors and not considered an employee. Continued service is based on an individual’s ability to maintain a Coaching Membership with USA Field Hockey, have or seek USA Field Hockey Coach Certification, based on seasonal and annual performance reviews conducted by the Athletic Director and/or an assigned Board of Directors representative. Demonstrate commitment to Storm Chasers FHC, Inc. mission and core values; participate in public relation activities; assist with scheduling games, and minor assistance with fundraising as needed. Coaches must submit and successfully complete background investigations for USA Field Hockey and Anne Arundel County Maryland
Working with the Board of Directors, Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Athletic Director, and Head Coach, the successful candidate will coach field hockey and is responsible for initiating various aspects of the field hockey program, such as program development, training, and coaching team members. Coach is also responsible for working with the Team Parent on additional activities, community service and tournament preparation. Direct and manage all aspects of the assigned athletic program for your assigned team or teams. The coach is required to abide by the rules and regulations established by USA Field Hockey and Storm Chasers, FHC, Inc. The Coach is also responsible for reporting behaviors, violations and other issues that violate USA Field Hockey and Storm Chasers, FHC, Inc policy, values, an code of conduct to the Athletic Director and designated Executive Board representative.
• Encourage, train, and coach the participants of the field hockey program (U10-U19);
• Promote positive team culture
• Collaborate with the Athletics Director or Head Coach for professional development;
• Schedule and organize practice sessions;
• Ensure the Team Parent has all information necessary to communicate to families regarding game schedules, location, required waivers, etc.
• Support Team Parent in community service efforts and other team building events
• Advise camp selection with families of players wishing to be more competitive and provide support in the recruitment process;
• Represent Storm Chasers FHC in a professional manner and within the bounds of good sportsmanship;
• Generate additional support of the program by running clinics & camps
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
• Possess and maintain a coaching philosophy that is in accordance with the mission of Storm Chasers FHC, Inc.
• A strong commitment to the student-athlete concept
• Preferred 3-5 years of Coaching, willing to accept commensurate Field Hockey playing experience
• Leadership, coaching and recruiting skills
• Excellent communication skills with players, parents, supervisor, athletic committee, and Board of Directors
• Possess a valid driver’s license and current car insurance with the ability to drive to various locations
• Familiar with USA Field Hockey Policy’s and Standards
The Storm Chasers FHC, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or veteran status in matters affecting employment or in providing access to educational programs or activities.